Testing tips for parents:
- Make sure your child gets a good night's rest the night before the tests and eats a good breakfast on test days.
- Encourage your child to do his or her best.
- Set high expectations.
- Remind your child of the importance of reading directions carefully and not rushing through the test.
- Know when tests are scheduled.
- Don't schedule appointments, trips or interruptions during testing.
- Remind your child about the importance of test scores and how they can affect the future. It is not only a reflection of the school, it is also a reflection of each individual's performance.
- Praise your child for his/her efforts.
- Send your child to school with a smile!
- A Parent's Guide to Testing in Kentucky from KDE.
Important Testing Dates for 2014/2015
- Fall Testing - The Testing Window for EXPLORE (grade 8) and PLAN (grade 10) is September 15 - 26, 2014. EXPLORE will be administered on September 16 and PLAN will be administered September 17.
- Fall Testing - The dates for ITBS and SCANTRON are to be determined.
- Winter Testing - ACCESS for ELLS window is January 1, 2015 - February 14, 2015.
- Winter Testing - ACT for Grade 11 is March 3, 2015 with make-up testing date of March 17, 2015.
- Winter Testing - SCANTRON date is to be determined by each school.
- Spring Testing - EOC (End of Course Assessment for Algebra II, English II, Biology, and US History) dates will be determined by EHS, VVEC, and GDC. EOC Algebra 2 will be May 12. EOC Biology will be May 13. EOC English 2 will be May 14. EOC US History will be May 21.
- Spring Testing - K-PREP for Grades 3 -8 and Grades 10 - 11 window is the last 14 instructional days of the district calendar. TKS, MES, HHES, VVEC and GDC will do KPRP Testing for students in grades 3-8 May 12 through May 18. EHS, GDC, and VVEC will do KPRP On Demand Testing for students in grades 10 and 11 on May 20 and May 22.
- Spring Testing - AP Testing and Finals at EHS will be in May 2015 with specific dates to be determined.
AP Chemistry is May 4. AP Calculus is May 5. AP English Lit is May 6. AP Spanish is May 7. AP US History is May 8. AP Physics is May 11. AP Statistics is May 13.
- Spring Testing - SCANTRON date is to be determined by each school.
What is the K-PREP (Kentucky Performance Rating for Educational Progress) Test?
A component of the Kentucky Testing System, the K-PREP uses a blended model of norm-referenced test items and criterion-referenced test items and contains multiple-choice, extended-response, and short answer items for students in grades 3 - 8. Students in grades 10 and 11 participate in Writing on Demand.
District and Schools' School Report Card
Mike.Selvitelle+etown.kyschools+us+Mike Selvitelle Director of Assessment and Technology