Testing tips for parents:
- Make sure your child gets a good night's rest the night before the tests and eats a good breakfast on test days.
- Encourage your child to do his or her best.
- Set high expectations.
- Remind your child of the importance of reading directions carefully and not rushing through the test.
- Know when tests are scheduled.
- Don't schedule appointments, trips or interruptions during testing.
- Remind your child about the importance of test scores and how they can affect the future. It is not only a reflection of the school, it is also a reflection of each individual's performance.
- Praise your child for his/her efforts.
- Send your child to school with a smile!
- A Parent's Guide to Testing in Kentucky from KDE.
Important Testing Dates for 2015/2016
- Fall Testing - The dates for ITBS and SCANTRON are to be determined.
- Winter Testing - ACCESS for ELLS window is January 1, 2016 - February 14, 2016.
- Winter Testing - ACT for Grade 11 is March 1, 2016 with make-up testing date of March 15, 2016.
- Winter Testing - SCANTRON date is to be determined by each school.
- Spring Testing - EOC (End of Course Assessment for Algebra II, English II, Biology, and US History) dates will be determined by EHS, VVEC, and GDC. Check the Calendar.
- Spring Testing - K-PREP for Grades 3 -8 and Grades 10 - 11 window is the last 14 instructional days of the district calendar. For 2016, the testing window is May 5 - 25. Check the Calendar.
- Spring Testing - AP Testing and Finals at EHS will be in May 2016 with specific dates to be determined. Check the Calendar.
- Spring Testing - SCANTRON date is to be determined by each school.
What is the K-PREP (Kentucky Performance Rating for Educational Progress) Test?
A component of the Kentucky Testing System, the K-PREP uses a blended model of norm-referenced test items and criterion-referenced test items and contains multiple-choice, extended-response, and short answer items for students in grades 3 - 8. Students in grades 10 and 11 participate in Writing on Demand.