Testing tips for parents:
- Make sure your child gets a good night's rest the night before the tests and eats a good breakfast on test days.
- Encourage your child to do his or her best.
- Set high expectations.
- Remind your child of the importance of reading directions carefully and not rushing through the test.
- Know when tests are scheduled.
- Don't schedule appointments, trips or interruptions during testing.
- Remind your child about the importance of test scores and how they can affect the future. It is not only a reflection of the school, it is also a reflection of each individual's performance.
- Praise your child for his/her efforts.
- Send your child to school with a smile!
- A Parent's Guide to Testing in Kentucky from KDE.
Important Testing Dates for 2014/2015
- Fall Testing - The Testing Window for EXPLORE (grade 8) and PLAN (grade 10) is September 15 - 26, 2014. EXPLORE will be administered on September 16 and PLAN will be administered September 17.
- Fall Testing - The dates for ITBS and SCANTRON are to be determined.
- Winter Testing - ACCESS for ELLS window is January 1, 2015 - February 14, 2015.
- Winter Testing - ACT for Grade 11 is March 3, 2015 with make-up testing date of March 17, 2015.
- Winter Testing - SCANTRON date is to be determined by each school.
- Spring Testing - EOC (End of Course Assessment for Algebra II, English II, Biology, and US History) dates will be determined by EHS, VVEC, and GDC.
- Spring Testing - K-PREP for Grades 3 -8 and Grades 10 - 11 window is the last 14 instructional days of the district calendar.
- Spring Testing - AP Testing and Finals at EHS will be in May 2015 with specific dates to be determined.
- Spring Testing - SCANTRON date is to be determined by each school.
What is the K-PREP (Kentucky Performance Rating for Educational Progress) Test?
A component of the Kentucky Testing System, the K-PREP uses a blended model of norm-referenced test items and criterion-referenced test items and contains multiple-choice, extended-response, and short answer items for students in grades 3 - 8. Students in grades 10 and 11 participate in Writing on Demand.
The District and School Report Cards provide information on many areas regarding our schools and district. Data is displayed regarding test performance, teacher qualifications, parent involvement, etc.
- 2012/2013 District Report Card
- 2012/2013 Elizabethtown High School
- 2012/2013 T K Stone Middle School
- 2012/2013 Morningside Elementary
- 2012/2013 Helmwood Heights Elementary
- 2012/2013 Panther Academy
- 2012/2013 Glen Dale Center
Mike.Selvitelle+etown.kyschools+us+Mike Selvitelle Director of Assessment and Technology